This Sunday 1st July 40 members descended on Treloy golf course for the 2018 annual captains day hosted by Nigel Strawbridge this year the chosen charities are prostate cancer UK & breast cancer UK. Everyone felt this was a worthwhile cause as most people within their friends or family know someone who has been affected by these health issues on Sunday over £175 was raised, with more donations coming throughout the year.
They day kicked off with some putting, followed by 18 holes, chipping, Charity putting competition finishing off with a meal in the clubhouse and the results given out.
Nigel’s vice captains Marc Marshall read out results as follows:
- Hole 1 nearest captains drive- Graham Jennings
- Hole 2 nearest The Pin Graham Garrett
- Hole 3 nearest the pin second shot Nicky Veale
- Hole 4 Nearest the pin Marc Marshall
- Hole 5 nearest the pin Nicky Veale
- Hole 6 Longest drive Marc Marshall
- Hole 7 nearest the black and white marker Chris Kevern
- Hole 8 Nearest the pin second shot Vic McDade
- Hole 9 nearest the pin Carl Langslow
- Hole 10 nearest the pin second shot John Ennor seniors longest drive Carl Langslow7
- Hole 11 nearest the pin Dave Rid
- Hole 12 nearest the black-and-white marker Derek Luscombe
- Hole 13 nearest the pin Luke Holmes
- Hole 14 nearest the pin Bev Reynolds
- Hole 15 nearest the pin 2nd shot Graham Jennings
- Hole 16 nearest The pin second shot Bob Franklin Seniors black and white marker Terry Burgess
- Hole 17 longest drive Aiden Cosway
- Hole 18 nearest the pin Jed dunnett
There was some cracking scores come in with 3rd place Carl Langslow nett 55 losing a shot off his handicap, 2nd mike Martin 54 losing 1.2 off his handicap and overall winner went to mark Holmes with an impressive net 48 gross 62 losing 3 off his handicap everything went his way and definitely one to watch this season. One of our oldest seniors almost won the day with a nett 55 Peter Luxton. Best gross went to Marc Marshall, best nett front 9 David Blackburn, best nett back 9 was won by senior Phil Gray. Putting comp after a play off went to Vic McDade & chipping won by Graham Jennings, and the charity putt went to Luke Holmes who put it within an inch of the target. Team ball winners Carl Langslow, Jed Dunnett and Phil Gray with a nett 54. There were 13 2s scored on the day and the results are published for the members to view on masterscoreboard.co.uk
The captain Nigel would like to Thank everyone who was involved in organising the day Jane and Charles Paull for use of the course, But mainly our sponsors without them it wouldn’t be the success it was our main prizes were donated by Many members of the club and local businesses including Watergate bay touring Park, Newquay Garden maintenance, the sailors Arms, Mike Martin windows, Lighthouse Electrical appliances and LCS cleaning. Prizes included voucher for sailors, fish and chips at the port and starboard, Sunday lunch at Trevisker dining at Padstow, marks and spencers vouchers, cafe Nero vouchers, Waterstones vouchers, Nike T-shirt, fourball for whitsand bay, wine, beers, whiskey, golf hats and many other prizes.